This may sound more like an indulgent dessert than a healthy breakfast, but I promise it’s not too bad, and 100% worth it. Ooey gooey chocolate chips, oozing out of fluffy pancakes – this recipe is a breakfast treat and a half!
I’ve usually made flourless pancakes, or used oat flour, but I thought I’d give coconut flour a go for something a little different and this recipe really hit the spot. It’s similar to my oat flour recipe, but with a bigger ratio of liquid to flour, because coconut flour really sucks up the moisture in the batter.
Double Choc Chip Coconut Protein Pancakes Recipe
Check out the gooeyness (how on earth do you spell that?!) of these babies:
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 scoop (20g) chocolate whey protein (or substitute)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg or 3 egg whites
- 6 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Heat some coconut oil in a small pan over a moderate heat.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, or you could use a stick blender, and blitz until smooth.
- Pour in 1/3 - 1/4 of the batter and fry until small bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip with a spatula and cook for 40-60 seconds on the other side.
- Continue with remaining batter.
- Serve stacked with toppings of your choice!
- You may need to adjust the liquid quantity in this recipe, depending on your coconut flour. The mixture should be pourable.
I topped these with Meridian hazelnut butter, choc shot, and a sprinkling of more chocolate chips. The protein powder, almond milk, nut butter, and chocolate chips were all from Holland and Barrett – check out their huge range of baking goodies in their online shop.Ooey gooey double choc chip #proteinpancakes, made with coconut flour! What's not to like? #pancakeday @holland_barrett Click To Tweet
What do you like to have on your pancakes? Have you tried making pancakes with coconut flour before? If you make these, or any other of my recipes, please tag me in any photos on Instagram or Twitter using @fitcetera and #ftcrecipes! Tuck in, enjoy, and happy pancake day!
Disclaimer: this is not a sponsored post, however, I did receive the Holland and Barrett ingredients for free to make my protein pancakes. As always, my opinion is my own and not affected by items gifted to me. * Affiliate link. Affiliate links do not affect the price that you pay, but any commission earned helps me to pay the costs of running this site. To find out more about my policy on this and other matters, see my Disclosure page.